Book your place in our next show! 'A Class Showcase' is back for 2024!
Updated: Oct 10
What is a Class Showcase?
An opportunity for ALL of our students in classes for ages 6 to adults to perform LIVE on stage and show off 5 routines they'll/you’ll be learning in classes between 20th Nov 2023 and 11th Feb 2024.
Students in age 6 to 9, 10 to 11 & 12 to 17 classes will perform in 2 of the 4 performances staged at the Harlow Playhouse (intermediate & advanced classes will perform in all 4), on the main stage on the 17th & 18th Feb 2024.
Family and friends will be able to purchase tickets to come and see students shine (tickets on sale 15th March via Harlow Playhouse box office and website)!
No matter if you've been attending 4 weeks, 4 months or 4 years or more, all students aged 6 to 106 are welcome, we celebrate all achievements no matter what level of experience.
Who Can Take Part?
Any students in the following classes:
· Age 6 to 9
· Age 10 to 11
· Age 12 to 17
· Teens Advanced
· Adults Intermediate
- Adults Advanced
· 2 shows on Saturday 17th Feb 2024 (3pm and 6pm)
· 2 shows on Sunday 18th Feb 2024 (3pm and 6pm)
At the Harlow Playhouse. (Students in age 6 to 9, 10 to 11 and 12 to 17 classes will perform in 2 of the 4 performances staged at the Harlow Playhouse (intermediate and advanced classes will perform in all 4)
SECURE YOUR SPACE TODAY
Closing date for sign-ups: 18th November 2023 (places 1st-come-1st-served)
Or ask for a paper form at the registration desk if you wish to pay via cash/cheque
When are rehearsals? When do the cast need to be available?
You must attend all your usual classes between 20th Nov 2023 and 11th Feb 2024 to learn the 5 routines
You must attend ALL 5 x Sunday rehearsals:
14th Jan 2024 at Passmores Academy, 21st Jan at Harlow Playhouse, 28th Jan at Passmores Academy, 4th Feb at Harlow Playhouse and 11th Feb at Harlow Playhouse
Sunday times as follows:
· 8:30am – 9:30am Intermediate adults
· 9:30 – 10:30am Age 10 to 16 advanced class
· 10:30am – 11:30am Age 12 to 17 classes
· 11:30am – 1pm Advanced Adults
· 1pm – 2pm Age 6 to 9 classes (TBC possibly till 3pm dependant on numbers participating)
· 2pm – 3pm Age 10-11 classes (TBC possibly till 4pm dependant on numbers participating)
And finally, you must attend 2 x blocking and technical rehearsals on stage at the
Harlow Playhouse on the following dates (these are vital for taking part in the show):
Wednesday 14th Feb:
· Age 6-9 class students (cast A (tbc)) 4:15pm – 6:15pm
· Age 6-9 class students (cast B (tbc)) 6:15pm – 8:15pm
· Age 12-17 class students 8:15pm – 9:45pm
Thursday 15th Feb:
· Age 10-11 class students 4:15pm – 6pm
· Advanced teens class students 6pm - 7:30pm
· Intermediate Adults class students 7:30pm – 9pm
· Advanced Adults class students 9pm – 10:30pm
Friday 16th Feb:
· 4pm – 6:30pm : Cast A (age 6-9, 10-11 and 12-17 classes)
· 6:30pm – 9pm Cast B (age 6-9, 10-11 and 12-17 classes)
· 4pm – 9pm All Adult and Advanced classes
· 9pm – 10pm All Adult Advanced students doing ‘demos’ TBC
How much does it cost to take part, and what's included?
As well as the additional training received and rehearsal sessions, a space in the show and the experience of performing live on stage, participants will receive:
· 1 x Exclusive Hip Hop Pop Showcase 2023 t-shirt
· A professionally filmed show as a downloadable and streamable file and via private link
· Access to a stack of professional live-action photos of the show
The whole experience including items listed above is just £85 (£80 for those on family rate)
No need to pay in full now, you can simply place a £20 deposit down today to secure your space, balance is not due till 17th Dec 2023.
What did some previous participants and parents say?
"Was the best weekend of my life!" - Age 10-11 student 2023
"I was in tears, so proud" - Parent of an attending student 2023 (age 6)
So come and join us for this year's show! Spaces are limited so on 1st-come-1st-served basis!