How to learn dance at home for beginners, 3 tips to get the best from an online dance class
Updated: Feb 1
2020 has proved that we can dance through any storm, and that dance can be learnt anywhere. We're going to share with you our 3 top tips to get the best from your online dance class, this article is perfect if you are wanting to get advice on how to learn dance at home for beginners. Are you a parent who needs help getting your little ones engaged online or even getting them online in the first place? Then we've got 3 priceless tips for you!
All you need to learn how dance at home, and get the best from your online dance class is to use our P.A.C. concept:
Let's look at P.A.C. in more detail:
How to learn dance at home for beginners and get the best from your online dance class - TIP 1:
Getting your space and your self into the perfect online dance class setting is integral to success online. What sort of preparation do you need to do?
- Before the class begins, give your self time to find a space in the house that has a good internet signal / connection. Did you know you can connect to most phone's mobile data using 'personal hotspotting' if your home wi-fi is slow, but do check you have sufficient data in your plan so you aren't billed extra!
- Before class, find a space in the house big enough that you can literally swing your arms and legs in all directions from one spot without knocking over any furniture or that family heirloom vase off the side!
- Is your space distraction free? Treat this like a real in-studio dance class - be sure your chosen space is free of distractions such as a living room that everyone shares and walks through - unless you can get the family involved in the class with you of course then that's even better!
- Look after your body by making sure the flooring in your chosen space is suitable for dancing. For example concrete is a bad choice as there's no shock absorption. Wooden or short pile carpet with underlay for absorption is a good shout!
- Dress the part! Get your clothes out ready for your class in the morning so there's zero effort required when it's time to get ready for class. Wear clothes you'd wear to the studio - feel the part!